Discover The Benefits Of Crowns And Bridges
Do you have missing or compromised teeth? Then this is a sign that you need a crown or a bridge. Consult your McDonough, GA, dentists, Dr. Robert Brooks, and Dr. Brent Johnson of Brooks Cosmetic & Family Dentistry to know the best solution for your smile.
What are the differences between crowns and bridges?
Dental crowns and bridges in McDonough, GA, are both considered fixed dental restorations and replacements for missed natural teeth.
The dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap. It can be made of different materials, like ceramic/porcelain or metals. The choice of the material depends on the location of the tooth and the purpose of using the crown. It is placed on the top of a damaged or decayed tooth to cover, protect, and restore the shape of your natural tooth.
On the other side, the bridges are constructed of one artificial tooth or more, attached to crowns on either end to replace the missing teeth.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
Dental crowns have the following benefits:
- Protecting the tooth structure: crowns are used to prevent future tooth breaks and keep the bacteria away from your teeth, decreasing the chance of a nerve infection.
- Improving the tooth appearance: dental crowns are a process used to cover a yellow tooth to match the neighboring teeth or restore the natural shape of the damaged tooth, which will boost your self-confidence.
- Long lifespan: due to the high-quality materials that are used to produce the crown, it can stay healthy for fifteen years or more.
What are the benefits of bridges?
Dental bridges have the following benefits:
- Functional Restoration: bridges help restore your dental functionality, helping you to chew and eat efficiently. It will also improve your speech clarity that may be lost due to losing the tooth.
- Force distribution: the bridge will distribute the force of chewing equally to the supporting teeth, making the process easier.
- Aesthetic choice: as bridges restore your teeth' functionality, they will also improve your smile.
Don’t hesitate to restore your smile with crowns and bridges from your McDonough, GA, dentists, Dr. Brooks, and Dr. Johnson of Brooks Cosmetic & Family Dentistry. Call us at (678) 583-0330 to book your appointment today!