Posts for tag: Tooth-Colored Fillings
Although metal fillings provide a perfectly good way to restore dental cavities, they can cause other dental problems down the line. Tooth-colored fillings provide a safer and more aesthetically pleasing alternative. Dr. Robert Brooks and Dr. Brent Johnson are dentists at Brooks Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in McDonough, GA—they can give you more information about tooth-colored fillings and other restorative or cosmetic dental procedures.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
McDonough residents will find many advantages when choosing tooth-colored fillings, such as:
- Increased confidence: Because tooth-colored fillings restore your teeth to a natural, cavity-free appearance, you will be able to smile with confidence.
- Replace metal fillings: You can do away with your old metal fillings and restore your previously treated teeth to their natural beauty. No one will be able to tell that you ever had dental treatment.
- Better oral health: Silver amalgam is affected by temperature fluctuations and can expand and contract which may eventually cause your teeth to crack or break. Tooth-colored fillings are not affected by temperature changes, so they are safer for your teeth.
- Preserved natural color: Tooth-colored fillings are designed by your dentist to perfectly match the color of your natural smile. They will not discolor over time, nor will they cause discoloration of your teeth.
- Strength and durability: Tooth-colored fillings strengthen your teeth and they are long-lasting. If you take care of them, they can last for up to 15 years. Furthermore, unlike traditional amalgam fillings, tooth-colored fillings require less removal of your natural tooth, which minimizes the risk of future tooth breakage.
If you live in or around the McDonough area and you would like to learn more about tooth-colored fillings, contact your dentist, Dr. Brooks, at (678) 583-0330 to schedule a consultation. He is always happy to address your concerns and to answer your questions.